Making a Perfect Cut is not possible with the help of a Scroll Saw machine. No matter what type of experience you have in the carpentry, you must equip yourself with a reliable Scroll Saw machine.
This article allows you to explore the Best Scroll Saws available in the market today. You can follow the list of the Best Scroll Saws from the trusted manufacturers from here. You can read more about the products from their in-depth reviews listed below.
In a Hurry ? Here are Top 3 Picks
1. WEN is considered as the best brand when it comes to buying a new power tool machine. The WEN 3921 is our first pick in the list of the Best Scroll Saws which comes with a two-direction variable speed. You can adjust the speed of the cutting blade as per your requirements.
It is a versatile scroll saw machine which is designed to work on different types of materials. It is suitable for all types of cutting applications. With extra powerful cutting capacity, this machine makes it easier for the users to cut through hardwoods. It is a heavy-duty scroll saw machine.
2. ShopFox W1713 is the most advanced Scroll Saw on the market. It has a stylish design and comes in a compact size. It is a portable Speed Scroll Saw machine which comes with a 16-Inch of cutting size.
You can adjust the speed of the cutting blade and can achieve a suitable speed using its variable speed control option. Being the latest Scroll Saw in the market, it comes with a set of extraordinary features which includes a flexible LED light, tilt table, dust blower and a dust port. It is compatible with both types of blades and with easy-to-use functions.
3. Rikon’s power tools are known for their exceptional performance and great build quality. The new 10-600VS Scroll Saw from Rikon is currently one of the best-selling Speed Scroll Saw machine available for the professional workers. It has a trendy design and comes with a set of advanced features to make your cutting tasks easier.
It uses a powerful motor and comes with a variable speed control allowing users to adjust the speed of the scroll saw as per your needs. It also features a bevel table that lets you achieve the perfect cut on the desired material.
These are our top picks from the list of the Best Scroll Saws available on the market. We have picked these scroll saws after researching a lot on the Internet. We have also spent hours of time working on these machines and found them the most reliable and value for money products.
No matter whether you are a beginner or a professional user, you can easily get used to these Speed Scroll Saws as they are very easy to use and can be controlled by anyone with the simple Speed Variable functions. You can get suitable from the list of our Top 3 Picks given above.
Best Professional Scroll Saws Under 200 USD
If you are not satisfied with the given information about these Scroll Saws and want to know more about them, then here we have prepared in-depth reviews of each model here. We have also added a few more models to the list so that you can explore more of the related products and can find the suitable one for you under your budget. Best Scroll Saws Under 200$ Reviews will help you get the best one from the market.
1. WEN 3921 16-inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw
When it comes to choosing a handy and budget-friendly power tool, then WEN comes first. WEN’s products are known for their tough quality and great stability. The new generation 16-Inch Speed Scroll Saw Machine from WEN is the best Speed Scroll Saw machine available on the market.
- Affordable pricing for everyone
- Unique design works well with both types of blades
- Variable speed control
- Cuts all types of materials smoothly
- Backed by a two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Some users are complaining about the quality of the product.
Let’s check out the list of its Key Features to know more about the product.
- This Scroll Saw machine comes with a spacious table that offers 16-Inch depth for cutting. It is suitable for all types of cutting applications.
- The machine is designed to work with all types of materials including softwood, hardwood, plastic materials and many other more.
- The table comes with a bevel control allowing you to adjust the cutting angle as per your requirements from 0 to 45 degrees.
- It is compatible with both, Pinless and Pinned blades. The speed scroll saw machine handles both types of blades at ease.
- The blade changing process is super easy and you don’t have to spend your precious time in changing the blades for different applications.
- It comes with variable speed control that lets you adjust the strokes per minute from 550 to 1600. It features a simple and easy-to-use knob to change the speed.
- Being the latest model on the market, this machine features a flexible work light on the top. You can change the position of this work light as per your needs to illuminate the work area.
- For collecting the dust produced during the cutting task, this machine has a dust port. You can use this dust port to attach the standard vacuum cleaner.
- There is a special air pump also included on the machine. This makes the cleaning process super easy and keeps your working space clean.
- The spacious onboard storage box for storing blades and other tools is also there to keep everything handy. You will get three blades in the package of this Speed Scroll Saw machine.
2. Shop Fox W1713 16-Inch Variable Speed Scroll Saw
Shop Fox is a leading manufacturer of all types of Power tools. If you are searching for a multi-purpose and affordable Speed Scroll Saw machine for your daily needs, then Shop Fox W1713 is the perfect option for you. This Table Scroll Saw is suitable for all types of users as it is very easy-to-use and works smoothly on all types of materials. It comes with variable speed control to change the speed of the machine.
- Compact and portable Speed Scroll Machine
- Variable Speed Control with Easy Adjustable Knob
- No-load powerful motor
- 2-Inch of maximum thickness
- Spacious cutting table with bevel control
- Backed by 2 Years of Manufacturer Warranty
- The Scroll Saw vibrates a lot during the cutting operation
Let’s get on to the list of its features to know more about the product.
- Heavy-duty Cast-iron construction ensures great durability of the product. It’s an advanced scroll saw machine which offers super-smooth cutting.
- The Scroll Saw comes with a spacious tilting table enables users to achieve the desired angle of cut from 0 degrees to 45 degrees.
- Expand your cutting capacity with its variable speed control from 550 to 1700 Strokes Per Minute. There is a special knob available to change and adjust the speed of the motor.
- Powerful cutting performance with an advanced 1/8 HP, 1.2 amp, 120V single phase motor.
- Compatible with both, Pinless and Pinned blades. The blade changing procedure is very easy and it takes only a few seconds.
- Built-in dust blower blows away all types of dust and debris from the working platform. It also comes with the standard dust port. You can attach an external vacuum cleaner to suck up the debris generated during the cutting process.
- Goose neck work light enables you to work and cut through the materials in the low light. You can adjust the light and illuminate the working area as per your needs.
3. Rikon 10-600VS Scroll Saw with Lamp, 16-Inch
Rikon’s 10-600VS Scroll Saw is the perfect Scroll Saw machine for those who are into woodworking profession. This machine is designed with the latest technology that offers ultra-smooth and faster cutting experience. It’s a multi-purpose Scroll Saw designed for DIYers and professional woodworkers.
- Variable speed control
- Extra powerful motor
- Durable cast-iron base with aluminium table
- Comes with bevel control from 0 to 45 degrees
- Built-in dust port
- Working light
- Backed by the company’s 5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Poor build quality
- Built-in working light is not good
Let’s get on to the list of its features to know more about the product.
- Rikon 10-600VS is a powerful Scroll Saw which generates exceptional cutting speed with 120V/60Hz/1.2A DC motor.
- It is a compact-sized and fully portable scroll saw machine which comes with variable speed control. You can easily change the speed of the scroll saw using a knob from 550 to 1650 Strokes Per Minute.
- It is constructed from heavy-grade cast-iron material which ensures its durability and offers great stability while working with hard materials such as hardwoods.
- The extra spacious and large table offers a better environment to work on a range of cutting applications.
- The aluminium table comes with bevel control allowing you to adjust the cutting angle as per your requirements.
- 16-Inch depth through with 2-Inch cutting capacity makes it the most versatile scroll saw the machine on the market.
- Compatible with both, Pinless and Pinned Blades
- Comes with a standard dust collection port where you can attach a vacuum cleaner to keep the working space clean.
- Gooseneck working light lets you illuminate the workpieces while cutting on this machine.
- Sample blades are also included within the box when you purchase it.
4. ShopSeries RK7315 16″ Scroll Saw with Variable Speed Control
ShopSeries is a trusted name in the power tools manufacturing industry with a range of all types of power tools and machines. If you are searching for a reliable and portable Scroll Saw machine, then ShopSeries’ 16-Inch Scroll Saw should be the option to check out. It is a powerful and lightweight speed Scroll Saw machine which is packed with both, versatility and great compatibility. It’s a complete professional scroll saw machine which is suitable for both, DIY enthusiasts and professional workers.
- Powerful performance with a 1.2-amp motor
- Easy-to-use functionality with great versatility
- Variable speed control with an easy knob
- Die-cast aluminium table with bevels from 0 to 45 degrees
- Backed by a limited two-years warranty
- The foot clamp is not good
- Some users have issues with the build quality of this product
Let’s get on to the list of its features to know more about this product.
- Powerful 1.2 Amp of motor generates good cutting speed and better cutting capacity. It is built for performance and value. It is compatible to work with all types of wooden materials.
- Multi-purpose scroll saw compatible for intricate cuts, joints and curves.
- Variable speed control lets you adjust the cutting speed of the motor as per the type of material you used.
- It features an extra-spacious aluminium bevel table allowing you to adjust the cutting angle from 0 to 45 degrees
- It offers 4/5” strokes which ensures accurate cuts on the range of materials.
- This scroll saw includes two 5” tungsten carbide blades
- Comes with on board storage space to store different types of tools and blades
5. Dremel MS20-01 Moto-Saw Variable Speed Compact Scroll Saw Kit
If you are searching for a low-profile and compact-sized Speed Scroll Machine, then Dremel’s MS20-01 is the best option for you. It is an advanced scroll saw machine which is designed for the light-duty tasks. Being the latest edition, it is packed with all types of useful and innovative features. The blade changing mechanism is very easy and you can easily get used to this machine with quick and easy. It is suitable for different types of cuts on a range of materials.
- Very compact in size and portable design
- Built-in dust port adapter
- Detachable copying function
- Variable speed control
- Fast-clamp base
- Compatible to work with different materials
- Backed by the company’s limited manufacturer warranty
- Not suitable for heavy-duty cutting tasks
- Not suitable for beginners as it requires some operating skills to operate innovative and advanced features.
Let’s get on to the list of its features to know more about this product.
- It is very compact in size which is easy to store and transport from one place to the other one. You can work on different types of materials on this scroll saw which is very user-friendly.
- This machine is suitable for plastic, wood, metal and laminates. You can also use it to cut down the hardwoods with a little extra care.
- It is very easy to store and can be operated by anyone. If you are beginner, then you can also start using this machine on your own.
- The copying function of this Scroll Saw machine is removable. You can simply remove the base of the machine and can simply work on your project.
- The optimal tensioning makes it easier for you to change the parts of the machine as per your requirements.
- It comes with an attached fast clamp. You can place this Scroll Saw on different types of tables and platforms.
- Compatible with different types of blades for different cuts.
- Built-in dust adapter keeps the working space clean.
Who needs Scroll Saws?
Scroll Saws are designed for the DIYers and other home users who work on different projects using wooden materials. Thankfully, Scroll Saws are there to help you in cutting different types of materials at ease.
In this competitive market, there are numerous manufacturers available with a range of different types of Scroll Saw machines. Depending on your requirements and budget, you can get a suitable scroll saw machine from the market.
The main purpose of using a Scroll Saw machine is to design and create different crafts and showpieces to extend the luxury in your home. If you own a creative mind and love to work on such creative things, then you must buy a suitable Scroll Saw machine for yourself.
A reliable scroll saw machine gets you precise and accurate cuts. You can also change the speed of the motor and adjust the cutting angle easily. In a nutshell, a Scroll Saw is there for every single creative person.
What are the Types of Blades used on the Scroll Saw Machine?
Since there are numerous types of Scroll Saw machines from different manufacturers available, you can use many types of blades as per the type of material you are using. You can get a range of different types of Scroll Saw Blades. Here we have listed down all the available types of Blades.
Standard Blade can be used for depth cutting. With bigger teeth you can cut on the wooden materials and with smaller teeth, you can work on the metal materials. Most scroll saws are compatible with the Standard Blade.
Spiral Blade is used for Metals, Waxes and Wooden materials. You can use this type of blade for creative craftwork on these materials.
Reverse Tooth Blade:
Reverse Tooth Blade is specially used while cutting hardwood or plywood.
Metal Blades are used to cutting down the rigid materials including different types of metal plates and sheets.
The two-way blade is used by the industrialists who are using different types of materials. This type of blade is used on the Softwood and hardwood.
Skip Tooth Blade:
Skip Tooth Blade is used for the Plastic and Soft Wooden materials.
While using the different types of blades on a Scroll Saw, you also need to check the Blade Tensioning function. Go for the advanced tool-free blade changing functionality. This should make your task easier and finishes your cutting job done in less time compared to the traditional saws.
Scroll Saw Buyer’s Guide
Many people get confused when buying a new Scroll Saw Machine as there are hundreds of options available in front of them. If you are a beginner and have never used a scroll saw machine, then you need to do a lot of homework before finalizing on a scroll saw machine. To give you the best of information and to make you aware of the functionality and features of the Scroll Saw machine, here’s a complete detailed buying guide for you.
Before anything else, it is important for you to discuss what you need to consider first on a scroll saw machine. There are a lot of things which you need to consider while buying a Scroll Saw machine. We have listed down all the things that should be considered by you even before searching for a new scroll saw machine.
Things to Consider while Buying a Scroll Saw Machine
Throat size is the very first thing you need to consider as it lets you work on the type of projects you want. Ideally, 16” throat size is good enough to work on all types of projects. However, there are some models which offer 20” throat size as well. Depending on your work and requirements, you can check and select the suitable throat size of the Scroll Saw.
The throat size also lets you know the measurement of the project and its capacity. Small size scroll saws offer 12 Inch throat size, medium size scroll saws offer 16-inch throat size and industrial-grade scroll saw offers 20 to 30-inch throat size.
Speed of the Scroll Saw
Most new generation scroll saws come with a powerful motor that can offer ultra-faster cutting speed. You can check the speed of the scroll saw machine first to get the desired cutting speed on the type of material you are going to use on it.
The Speed of the Scroll Saw is measured in Strokes Per Minute. Generally, 600 SPM to 1600 SPM is a good speed of the Scroll Saw.
Thickness of Cut
The thickness of Cut is nothing but the depth capacity of the Scroll Saw. It ranges from 1-¾ inches to over 2 ½ inches depending upon the type of Scroll Saw you choose. The thickness cut means the thickness of the material that this scroll saw can cut. Before doing anything else, you need to analyze your requirements first. This will give you a better idea about choosing a compatible and multi-purpose scroll saw.
The machine you buy should offer easy-to-use control so that you can handle different types of projects easily. With great control, you can improve the output and can enhance your productivity level. It is essential for the users to check the controls of the scroll saw machine as it lets them work properly and gives them the best of results.
Scroll Saw Drives
Scroll Saw Drives is the way how a Scroll Saw machine used. Most scroll saws come with parallel arm drive making it easier to handle the scrolling projects easily. It also offers great stability while working on hard wooden materials and metal materials.
Parallel Arm Drive Scroll Saws feature a motor at the backside of the machine. It is very safe and convenient. This type of design also makes less vibration and produces less noise.
Latest Scroll Saws are designed for advanced people who can work on different applications. When buying a new scroll saw machine, you need to check the type of table as well. Bevel control table offers beveling control to adjust the cutting angle.
If you want to have precise bevel cuts, then tilting table is there to help you. You can easily adjust the cutting angle using the titling table’s angle. You can view the angle of cut on the machine as well.
Vibration and Noise
Thankfully, the new generation scroll saw machines are more reliable as they are designed to work indoor. They make less noise and do not vibrate when you work on hardwood or any other type of material. Always pick the Scroll Saw machine with less vibration as less vibration offers accurate and precise cuts.
When the machine vibrates a lot, you will never have accurate cuts as vibration changes the cutting angle and speed of the machine. Make sure to check the stability of the machine as well.
Apart from all these things, to attract the new consumers, manufacturers are offering different types of useful and handy features on the new generation scroll saws.
If we talk about the extra features, then you will get a special dust collection port to attach an external vacuum on the machine for collecting dust. Some machines come with a separate dust pump to blow away the dust and debris from the work area.
Apart from this, you will also get an adjustable flexible work light to illuminate the working area while working in the low light. You should also check for the availability of these extra features while buying a new Scroll Saw machine from the market. These handy features are very useful and give you the best of the environment to work in.
Scroll Saw Tips
Just like every other electronic machine and power tool, a Scroll Saw also requires regular maintenance to expand its life. If you want to stick with one single scroll saw machine, then you must know about the maintenance of it first. Here we have listed down some of the most common tips which you can follow to extend the life of your Scroll Saw.
- Spend some time in setting up the Scroll Saw to the desired place. If you are going to use the Scroll Saw machine on a fixed table, then it should not be a matter of worry but if you want to use it portably, then you must fix it properly before turning on the Power Switch.
- Check the Teeth point of the blade while inserting the blade to the Scroll Saw.
- Keep an eye on the blade tension as it fixes the blade properly to the Scroll Saw and prevents you from accidents.
- Always use a Tabletop or Workplace on your cutting projects. This ensures great safety and offers a familiar environment.
- Make sure you use safety goggles, a dust mask and ear protectors while working on the Scroll Saw machine.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from the blade while working on a cutting project.
- When not in use, always turn off the power switch of the Scroll Saw.
- Perform basic maintenance regularly to keep the machine going properly for more years.
- Use a suitable type of blades on the type of materials you are using. This way, you can maintain the consistency of cutting on the scroll saw.
- Lockdown the handles and fix them properly before turning on the Power Switch.
- Avoid using damaged and dull blades. When you use damaged blades, chances of accidents will be higher.
Scroll Saw requires very less maintenance and you have to keep an eye on it. Check the different parts of the machine regularly. You can also seek help from your colleagues who are using the same type of scroll saws. This way, you can help yourself keeping the machine in good condition for life long.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best type of Scroll Saw?
There are many types of scroll saws available on the market. Always choose the machine with which you feel comfortable enough. You should not buy an overpriced machine with extra features which are of no use.
- How can I check the blade tension?
While the motor is stopped, flick the blade after inserting into the scroll saw. You will hear a sound about fixing it to the machine. If you do not hear anything from the machine, you need to re-check the blade. Remove it and re-insert it again to fix it properly.
The loose blade is not good while working on hard materials. It is always recommended by the experts to check the tension of blade on the Scroll Saw.
- What type of Blade should I use?
Scroll Saws are compatible with a number of different types of blades. You can cut down different types of materials on a scroll saw by using a suitable blade. For the best use, follow the types of blades which are given above. We have listed down the different types of blades and the compatibility of the materials.
- What types of Wood are good to work on the Scroll Saw?
Scroll Saws are designed to work with all types of materials. For best results, hardwood material is recommended. Plywood is also good to work with on a Scroll Saw machine if you are creating an innovative craft piece.
- How do I keep my blade clamp from slipping?
Sometimes you may experience blade slipping while working on a project. To prevent yourself from slipping off the blade is the availability of oil. Check if the clamp has oily surface. When you use new blades on the machine, chances of pouring it over the clamps are high and that could be the reason behind slipping of the blades.
Take a piece of fine sandpaper and clean up the surface. This way you can make the surface of the clamp rough.
- How do I cut corners using this Scroll Saw?
You can simply spin the object around to cut down the corners. If possible, you can mark the corner with a pencil before getting on to the Scroll Saw machine. Cutting corners of the object is a bit tricky and for that reason, you have to practice a lot. It requires some cutting skills to get the professional-grade results.
- What is a foot switch?
A foot switch is an essential and very helpful in the time of an emergency. When you find the blade is broken down in the middle of the cutting, you can simply press the foot switch to turn off the motor. This is an extra feature and you have to pay about $20 to $30 on the base price of the Scroll Saw.
- What safety equipment do you recommend?
A Scroll Saw is a very powerful machine as it uses a powerful motor with a sharp blade to cut down hardwood and other materials. For that reason, you need to be a little careful while working on the Scroll Saw machine.
You need to be equipped yourself with safety glasses, dust mask, proper lighting, magnifying glasses, eraser, foot-operated switch etc. When you start using these types of safety equipment, you will never have any issues working on a Scroll Saw.
We hope that the above article helped you to know about the different types of Scroll Saws, their functions and the usages. We have tried our best to include every single thing which is important for you to know before buying a new Scroll Saw machine from the market.
We have put together all the details including a very informative buying guide. You came here to know about the best Scroll Saws under a budget price tag and we have put all the top rated scroll saws in the review part.
The above-listed Scroll Saws are the most recommended ones as they are from the trusted brands. We have included all types of scroll saws in the list to suit your demands. Go through the buying guide and then follow the reviews of the above-listed Scroll Saws. You will definitely get the most reliable and suitable Scroll Saw.